Councilmember Dobies works to advance a dynamic agenda where city government and residents work closely together to make our neighborhoods better and implement new and exciting programs for our city. He currently serves on the City Planning Commission, the Emergency Management Advisory Council, the Finance and Tax Policy Committee and is spearheading a Task Force on Open Government.
- Organizing community events such as meetings and special neighborhood festivities
- Performing casework to help address concerns of local business owners and residents
- Monitoring news coverage and compiling relevant news clips
- Drafting website content and maintaining social media presence
- Providing necessary research support on key policy issues
- Drafting materials for press conferences and other events
- Staffing the Councilmember at community meetings and events
- Assisting in program development
Those interested in applying for an internship should send a resume and completed application to:
Councilmember Derek Dobies
Jackson City Hall
161 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, Michigan 49201
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a copy of the Internship Application on our Scribd page here.