My message is simple: Three years ago, I ran for City Council because I thought it was time for new, energetic leadership to jumpstart Jackson and help chart a bright future for our city. Since then, I’ve worked hard to ensure quality public safety, restore fiscal accountability and ensure open, accountable government to build a strong community with the support of people like you. Elected by my peers to serve as Vice Mayor, I’ve not only helped lead our legislative body through numerous policy proposals, but also worked collaboratively to engage the public in making Jackson a great place to live, work, and play.
I’m running for reelection because I don’t believe that work is over. We have passed the policy proposals that have jumpstarted our city with new mission and now we need to continue that work to turnaround Jackson. Over the course of 2015, I'll prioritize the following issues to continue to make City Hall work for you:
- Roads. Find a long-term solution to fix and clean our streets.
- Blight. Remove blight and restore sustainable neighborhoods.
- Penny-pinching. Promote fiscal responsibility at all levels in city hall.
- Downtown. Invest in our urban core to attract businesses and residents.
- Safety. Ensure quality public safety to reduce crime.